Canadian creative industries trade mission to Australia and New Zealand
Under the federal Creative Export Strategy, the Department of Canadian Heritage, in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada Trade Commissioner Service, will lead its fifth in-person Creative Industries Trade Mission to Australia and New Zealand on June 5-10, 2023 inclusively. The New Zealand portion of the trade mission will be confirmed if sufficient interest is demonstrated among applicants. The tentative itinerary and official program include Sydney (June 5-6) and Melbourne (June 7-8) in Australia, and Auckland in New Zealand (June 9-10).
The interest in the Oceania market and its potential was confirmed during the virtual pre-mission to Australia and New Zealand, organized by Canadian Heritage in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada, which took place in October 2022. Over 200 Canadian companies and government agencies registered online and had the opportunity to meet with nearly 100 Australian and New Zealand companies and organizations. This in-person mission will build on the momentum created by the virtual pre-mission and help create more business opportunities for the participating Canadian trade delegation. In addition, this Canadian Heritage-led trade mission will support objectives of the Government of Canada’s Indo-Pacific Strategy.
The delegation to be recruited will comprise 20 to 30 Canadian companies and organizations from various sectors of the creative industries. The eligible sectors are:
- Book publishing
- Digital and interactive media
- Performing arts
- Visual arts
- Facilitate market entry and maximize export potential for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Canadian creative sector that are export-ready and demonstrate high potential.
- Increase the visibility and profile of companies already established in the targeted markets and expand international business development opportunities.
- Strengthen relationships with government counterparts in both countries to showcase Canada as a partner of choice in the creative industries, and promote the expertise and high quality of Canadian creative industries.
The trade delegation's program will include:
- Information sessions on the targeted markets
- Pre-arranged business-to-business meetings
- Networking activities
- Site visits
Who should participate?
This trade mission is intended for creative businesses with high export potential who wish to take advantage of a government-led trade mission to increase their visibility and expand their network in the Australian and/or New Zealand market by meeting and initiating business deals with key industry players, potential buyers, investors and/or partners.
The trade delegation will be composed of companies selected according to the following criteria:
- Operate in one of the targeted sectors listed above;
- Have targeted Australia and/or New Zealand as part of their international business strategy, either to export or to establish a presence in the country; and,
Have a strong interest in these markets (but have not penetrated them), be willing to export, and could benefit from mentoring opportunities with the Trade Commissioner Service;
Be in negotiations with Australian and/or New Zealand companies and could benefit from a government-led trade mission to further negotiate or conclude commercial agreements.
Expenses related to the trade mission
The Department of Canadian Heritage will be responsible for covering the costs related to the official program delivered on site (business-to-business matchmaking services, networking events, local transportation, etc.).
Participants are responsible for covering all related travel costs, including airfare, accommodations, ground transportation and meals not included in the program.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements, including all air and ground transportation to and from the airport.
It is recommended to purchase trip cancellation insurance and/or a refundable ticket.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in this trade mission, please request the application form by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. Late applications will not be accepted.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: