Celebrate Canada provides funding for activities organized on:
- National Indigenous Peoples Day (June 21);
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day (June 24);
- Canadian Multiculturalism Day (June 27); and
- Canada Day (July 1).
Events funded are expected to be held on the date of the designated day.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, such as a corporation, trust, cooperative, unincorporated association, etc.;
- Canadian business corporation where projects are non-commercial in nature; or
- Canadian educational institution, Canadian municipal government or other municipal, provincial/territorial institution.
Federal, provincial and territorial governments are ineligible to apply for funding support (with the exception of the Canada Place Corporation for Canada Day celebrations, as per the amendment to the Canada Marine Act).
The period for submitting a funding application under Celebrate Canada 2019 has ended.
How to apply
Read these Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding.
A complete application package includes:
- the Application Form, completed and signed (end of Part F – Attestation); for paper copies, all miscalculations, deletions or corrections (in Part C – Planned Expenses and Revenues) must be initialed by the applicant;
- the sub-components of the Application Form:
- the Direct Deposit Form (if you have not yet completed one, or if your information has changed);
- the Unincorporated Applicant Acceptance of Responsibility Form (only in the case of an unincorporated group);
- proof of legal status, which can include letters patent, incorporation documents; and
- the most recent financial statements for clients requesting over $100,000 (Provinces, Municipalities, Public Schools, Universities, Hospitals, Band Councils and Endowment Funds are exempt).
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Celebration and Commemoration Program
15 Eddy Street
- 1-888-997-3123 (for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: