Celebrate Canada provides funding for activities organized on:
- National Indigenous Peoples Day (June 21);
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day (June 24);
- Canadian Multiculturalism Day (June 27); and
- Canada Day (July 1).
Events funded are expected to be held on the date of the designated day.
Simplified application form and assessment process for applications of less than $5,000.
For more information please refer to section “How applications are evaluated” of the Guidelines.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, such as a corporation, trust, cooperative or unincorporated association;
- Canadian business corporation where projects are non-commercial in nature; or
- Canadian educational institution, Canadian municipal government or other municipal, provincial/territorial institution.
Federal, provincial and territorial governments are ineligible to apply for funding support (with the exception of the Canada Place Corporation for Canada Day celebrations, as per the amendment to the Canada Marine Act)
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Read these Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding.
A complete application package includes:
- the Application Form, completed and signed (end of Part E – Attestation); for paper copies, all miscalculations, deletions or corrections (in Part C – Planned Expenses and Revenues) must be initialed by the applicant;
- the sub-components of the Application Form:
- the Direct Deposit Form (if you have not yet completed one, or if your information has changed);
- the Promotional Material Order Form (if complimentary materials are desired);
- the Unincorporated Applicant Acceptance of Responsibility Form (only in the case of an unincorporated group);
- proof of legal status, which can include letters patent, incorporation documents; and
- the most recent financial statements for clients requesting over $50,000 (municipalities exempt).
Final activity report
If you receive funding, a Final Activity Report must be completed no later than August 31, 2018 and sent to your Regional office. Failure to submit a report could render your organization ineligible for further funding from Celebrate Canada.
In order to obtain the form for the production of your final activity report, please contact your Canadian Heritage regional office.
25 Eddy Street, floor 11-042
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: