Community Capacity Building — Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
The Community Capacity Building component of the Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program provides funding for capacity building projects that will contribute to the recipient's ability to promote diversity and inclusion of racialized and religious minority communities, and Indigenous Peoples.
This component is for projects that will help achieve one or more of the following expected results:
- strengthening governance and building partnerships — building the capacity of organizations and promoting collaboration between service providers
- e-capacity — building and/or strengthening the online and social media presence of eligible organizations
- establishing an overall external communication strategy
- recruitment and training of volunteers
Who can apply
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) governments, tribal councils, band councils or not-for-profit Indigenous organizations
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations and associations
The application intake is now closed.
How to apply
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application
- Contact us to request an application package and to submit the required documentation
You must meet all the eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package by the deadline date to be considered for funding. A complete application package includes:
- the signed Application Form Capacity-CSMARI
- a balanced (no surplus or deficit) Budget Form Capacity-CSMARI
- most recent financial statements (audited if available)
- documents demonstrating your organization's legal constitution, bylaws, and incorporation, or articles of association for unincorporated applicants
Additional documents may be required depending on the nature of your project.
Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy St
Gatineau QC J8X 4B3
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm (ET).
- Date modified: