Community Capacity Building – Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
The Community Capacity Building component of the Community Support, Multiculturalism, and AntiRacism Initiatives Program provides funding for capacity building projects that will contribute to the recipient's ability to promote diversity and inclusion.
This component is for projects that will help achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- strengthening governance and building partnerships – building the capacity of organizations, and promoting collaboration between service providers;
- e-capacity – building and/or strengthening the online and social media presence of eligible organizations;
- establishing an overall external communication strategy; and
- recruitment and training of volunteers.
Who can apply
The following groups and institutions are eligible to receive project funding:
- Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) governments, tribal councils, band councils, or organizations; and
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations and associations.
The application intake closes on May 31, 2019.
How to apply
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
- Contact us to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
You must meet all the eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding. A complete application package includes:
- the Application Form Capacity-CSMARI;
- the following supporting documents:
- two most recent financial statements (annual audited statements if available); and
- documents demonstrating your organization's legal constitution, bylaws, and incorporation, or articles of association for unincorporated applicants.
Additional documents may be required, depending on the nature of your project.
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm (ET).
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
- Projects component – Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
- Events component – Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
- Community Support for Black Canadian Youth
- Paul Yuzyk Youth Initiative for Multiculturalism
Canadian Multiculturalism Act
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: