Strategic Initiatives – Canada Cultural Investment Fund
The Strategic Initiatives component of the Canada Cultural Investment Fund (CCIF) provides financial assistance for projects involving multiple partners that help arts and heritage organizations improve their business practices and diversify their revenues.
By supporting collaborative projects, the Strategic Initiatives component encourages knowledge and resource sharing and the strategic use of technologies. This strengthens the business operations of arts and heritage organizations, helping them make stronger contributions to the Canadian society and economy.
Who can apply
Important guidelines update as of March 2017: it is no longer required to have two full time employees to be an eligible applicant to the component.
To be eligible, the applicant must be an arts or heritage not-for-profit organization, a post-secondary education institution or a heritage organization governed by another level of government.
Please review the Application Guidelines for full eligibility requirements.
April 5, 2017 - for projects starting on or after October 1, 2017.
September 15, 2017 - for projects starting on or after April 1, 2018.
To be eligible for funding from the Strategic Initiatives component, your project must concentrate on one or more of the following four key program priorities:
- Developing and sharing of expertise, best practices and tools;
- Marketing and audience development;
- Innovation, experimentation and development of new approaches; and
- Strategic use of technologies.
Your project must also:
- directly benefit a number of not-for-profit professional arts or heritage organizations;
- demonstrate how it will contribute to the improvement of business practices or revenue diversification of not-for-profit professional arts or heritage organizations;
- involve the collaboration of at least three partners including the lead applicant; and
- have measurable results in accordance with the objectives of the Strategic Initiatives component.
How to apply
Read these Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application. You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding. A complete application package includes the Application Form (PDF format, 2.91 MB) and the following supporting documents:
- Application Form completed and signed (Sections 1 and 2);
- Budget Form (Tabs 2 to 7);
- A list of the applicant’s full-time employees, including position titles;
- A list of the members of the Board of Directors for the lead applicant;
- The resolution of the Board of Directors or equivalent governing body, signed by the Chair:
- endorsing the application; and
- designating the person with signing authority;
- A copy of the applicant’s letters patent and/or certificate of incorporation as a not-for-profit organization or equivalent document;
- A copy of the applicant’s bylaws;
- The curriculum vitae of the project manager and key project resources (i.e. employees and consultants), and if applicable, consultants’ proposals;
- The applicant’s most recent strategic plan;
- Signed financial statements for the last two (2) complete cycles (and management letter, if available);
- A signed letter from each partner confirming the nature of their contribution (amount in cash or in-kind) and extent of their involvement in the project;
- A support letter from arts or heritage organizations which will benefit from this project that are not partners, if available; and
- If applicable, a signed declaration that any federal public servant or former federal public servant is in compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector and the Policy on Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment and that any federal public holder or former federal public holder is in compliance with the Conflict of Interest Act.
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Strategic Initiatives Component, Canada Cultural Investment Fund
25 Eddy Street, 13th Floor, room 297 (25-13-V)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines – Strategic Initiatives
Application Form (PDF Version 2.91 MB)
Performance Measurement Guide (PDF Version, 195 KB)
Recipient Organizations and Funding Amounts for 2014-2015 (PDF Version, 100 KB)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: