Limited Support to Endangered Arts Organizations – Canada Cultural Investment Fund
Canada Cultural Investment Fund – Limited Support to Endangered Arts Organizations component assists professional arts organizations that are facing the prospect of closure.
In specific circumstances, funding is available for the restructuring of an arts organization, so it can continue to contribute to the community it is serving. This component was established for those rare instances where a professional arts organization faces the prospect of closure, yet there is a high degree of support for its continuation and a viable business/restructuring plan.
A restructuring project proposal must include:
- a viable debt elimination plan;
- a viable restructuring plan; and
- a repayment proposal approved by creditors.
Who can apply
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a professional, non-profit arts organizations incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act or Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or equivalent provincial or territorial legislation;
- have as its mission the creation, production, and/or presentation of artistic programming involving professional artists remunerated for their work;
- be in existence for at least seven years at the time of the request;
- have, over the 12 months preceding the request for assistance, placed itself under the protection of the appropriate provisions of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act or similar provincial legislation, or have been placed under the control of a provincial and/or municipal governments, with such government having assumed the risk associated with the majority of the debt of the organization;
- be managed by an active board of directors or a government-appointed temporary fiduciary committee;
- employ at least one full-time salaried employee in administrative management and with professional status; and
- have demonstrated community support to at least the same amount as the request under the component, as well as from the provincial and/or municipal governments.
The cultural industries and their associations as well as heritage organizations are not eligible for this component of the Canada Cultural Investment Fund.
Applications are accepted at any time throughout the year.
How to apply
Applicants are required to contact the program to discuss eligibility and application requirements. Applicants must:
- review the Limited Support to Endangered Arts Organizations Guidelines (PDF version, 235 KB).
Department of Canadian Heritage
Canada Cultural Investment Fund
Endowment Incentives Component
25 Eddy Street, 13th floor, room 308 (25-13-V)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: