Youth Forums Canada — Exchanges Canada
Youth Forums Canada funds Canadian organizations that provide workshops and conferences that connect youth – generally between the ages of 14 and 25 – who share a passion for Canadian issues, institutions, history, official languages, sports or the arts. Objectives and expected results are:
- to contribute to increased knowledge and understanding of Canada among Canadian youth, by enabling them to learn first-hand about the history, geography, industry, institutions, cultures, communities, languages and other facets of their country;
- to help young Canadians connect to one another and create linkages, across the country and between groups, thereby helping to strengthen the fabric of Canadian society; and
- to develop Canadian identity and a sense of belonging to Canada among youth by enhancing their appreciation of both the diversity and the shared aspects of the Canadian experience.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be one of the following:
- A legally-constituted, non-profit organization;
- A provincial or territorial government;
- A public or private school; or
- A school board or other educational institution, such as a college or university.
All applicant organizations must have at least three years of experience delivering youth programs with appropriate and adequate security and safety policies and procedures in place.
To be eligible for funding, your project must:
- be a national or international forum for young people that offers activities such as workshops, thematic events or other experiences that meet the objectives of Exchanges Canada;
- be inter-provincial and/or inter-territorial;
- be at least three full days in duration, excluding travel time;
- include participants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who are generally between the ages of 14 and 25 (except monitors and supervisors); and
- meet the objectives of the Youth Forums Canada component, described above.
How to apply
All applicants must:
- complete, sign and date the General Application Form; and
- attach all the required supporting documents as described in the program guidelines.
You are strongly encouraged to discuss your proposal with a Program Officer before submitting your application.
Presenting a detailed application form does not guarantee funding.
Only project-related expenses, which can be of cash and in-kind value, are eligible; these may include travel expenses, administrative expenses, special measures and exceptional expenses.
We cannot fund expenses incurred before April 1 of the year following the application deadline. If you incur expenses for your project before receiving written confirmation of funding approval, you will be doing so at your own risk.
Reception of funding application: October 8
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: