Checklist for employers – Young Canada Works
Your funding proposal with Young Canada Works (YCW) has been approved? Congratulations! What’s next? The following checklist will guide you through each step of the process.
On this page:
Before you start your project
- Are you familiar with the objectives of YCW and, more specifically, with those of the program in which you are participating?
- Do you know what your obligations are as a YCW employer?
- Have you and your candidate completed the Candidate Eligibility Form via your YCW online account and submitted it to your delivery organization for approval?
- Have you received your delivery organization's approval to hire your intended candidate?
- Have you read and are you prepared to adhere to the Terms and conditions of the YCW program in which you are participating?
- Are you and your candidate aware of the policies regarding travel?
- Have you signed your YCW contract with your delivery organization?
- Have you signed a work contract with each YCW participant?
- Have you kept a copy of the signed contract?
During your project
- Have you and your candidate completed the Staffing Report during the first week of work via your YCW online account?
- Does your YCW project correspond to its description in the contract?
- Is your candidate paid according to the salary agreed upon in the contract, and in a timely fashion?
- Have you advised your delivery organization of any problems you are having, as applicable?
At the end of your project
- Has your candidate completed the End of Work Term Report via his or her YCW online account?
- Have you printed, completed and sent to your delivery organization the End of Work Term Report, which you can access via your YCW online account?
- Have you and your candidate completed the Evaluation Questionnaire via your YCW online account?
- Have you shared your success story with your delivery organization? (optional)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: