Youth Take Charge
The Youth Take Charge Program aims to strengthen youth attachment to Canada through engagement. In this context, youth is defined as individuals between 7 and 30 years of age.
Our key expected results include youth being engaged in communities and aware of the importance of being an active and engaged citizen.
We support organizations delivering youth-led projects that involve activities in one or more of four thematic areas:
- Arts and culture;
- Civic engagement and youth service;
- Economic activities;
- History and heritage.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- a Canadian registered not-for-profit organization;
- a Canadian registered charitable group; or
- an Indigenous representative organization.
In addition, you must:
- have a minimum of three years of experience in serving youth on a significant national or provincial/territorial scale. This engagement is defined by a number of factors, such as:
- geographic reach: your organization’s activities reach beyond your immediate regional community;
- demographic impact: your organization directly engages a significant number of youth on an annual basis;
- have adequate security and safety policies and procedures in place demonstrating the nature and length of your experience in delivering youth programs.
For-profit entities, governments (federal, provincial/territorial or municipal administrations), Crown corporations or other federal institutions, and public or parapublic groups or organizations (e.g. schools, colleges, universities, school boards, public libraries) are not eligible.
Reception of Expression of Interest form: August 1
Reception of Detailed Funding Application form for retained project proposals: September 15
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Read the Application guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
Please contact us to request the Expression of Interest form. You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete Expression of Interest form for your project proposalge to be considered.
We invite you to discuss your project with a us before submitting your application.
Only organizations whose project proposals are retained will be invited to submit a detailed funding request.
- Department of Canadian Heritage
Youth Take Charge
15 Eddy Street, 8th floor, 15-8-C
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Information and additional services
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: