Youth Take Charge
From: Canadian Heritage
The Youth Take Charge Program aims to strengthen youth attachment to Canada through engagement. In this context, youth is defined as individuals between 7 and 30 years of age.
Our key expected results include youth being engaged in communities and aware of the importance of being an active and engaged citizen.
We support youth-led projects that include activities in one or more of four thematic areas:
- Arts and culture;
- Civic engagement and youth service;
- Economic activities;
- History and heritage.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, you must be:
- a Canadian registered not-for-profit organization;
- a Canadian registered charitable group; or
- an Indigenous representative organization.
In addition, you must:
- have a minimum of three years of experience in serving youth on a significant national or provincial/territorial scale. This engagement is defined by a number of factors, such as:
- geographic reach: your activities reach beyond your immediate regional community;
- demographic impact: you directly engage a significant number of youth on an annual basis;
- have adequate security and safety policies and procedures in place demonstrating the nature and length of your experience in delivering youth programs.
For-profit entities, governments (federal, provincial/territorial or municipal administrations), Crown corporations or other federal institutions, and public or parapublic groups or organizations (e.g. schools, colleges, universities, school boards, public libraries) are not eligible.
The application intake is now closed.
How to apply
Read the Application guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
Contact us to request an application form (available only during the application intake).
Organizations must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding.
You are invited to discuss your project with us before submitting your application.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
Information and additional services
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: