Making a complaint

If you are not satisfied with the quality of service that you are receiving from us, please address these concerns with your assigned victim services officer (VSO). To contact your VSO, call:

If you believe that your rights have not been respected then you have the right to make a formal complaint under the Canadian Victims Bill of Rights (CVBR). We will review your complaint to see if we respected the law and policy related to the issues you raise, let you know of any failure to comply on our part and what we will do to address the situation. If the complaint results in any recommendations to change our policy of practice, we will inform you when the change has been made.

How to submit a complaint

  1. Download and fill out the Victim Complaint form
  2. Once completed send it by email to :
  3. Or send it by mail to:
    Correctional Service of Canada
    Victim Services
    340 Laurier Ave W
    Ottawa ON K1A 0P9

Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime

If you make a complaint with us and are not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime (OFOVC). The OFOVC is an independent resource for victims in Canada. The office was created to ensure that the federal government meets its responsibilities to victims of crime.

We report annually on victim complaints received under the Canadian Victims Bill of Rights.

Victim Complaints: 2022-2023 Annual Report

Victim Complaints: 2021-2022 Annual Report

Victim Complaints: 2020-2021 Annual Report

Victim Complaints: 2019-2020 Annual Report

Page details

Date modified: