Defence 365 – Onboarding for PC without a Smartphone
Includes Hardline Telephone
For issued devices that use DWAN TDVPN-I, the Authenticator application does not need to be installed, but highly recommended. You will only be able to access Defence 365 using the web browser version. You will not find it in the Run Advertised Programs (RAP).
The guide is for users who are onboarding without a mobile smartphone. A landline telephone can be used as an alternate authentication measure. This step-by-step approach is helpful for those who are working in a secure zone and cannot use their mobile device for authentication.
Personal Computer (PC) with landline telephone (no mobile smartphone)
- Click here to sign into Defence 365. It is highly recommended that you have Chrome installed, and use it for the onboarding process.
- If the page does not automatically pop up, open a private browsing window
- This is called “Incognito Mode” on Chrome (go to the upper right corner of the screen with “...” and select new private window) and enter the link there
- Enter your assigned password provided by your designated 365 contact.
- There will be a screen with “More information is required.” Hit “Next”.
- You will be asked to Authenticate through the Microsoft Authenticator application; however, click “I want to set up a different method”.
- Select “Phone” from the drop down menu, and click “Next”.
- Enter your landline telephone number. Be sure to select Canada (+1), if not it may delay the phone call.
- You will then receive a call. Listen to the prompt and press the “#” key. The authenticator page will know you answered the call.
- You will now be called at that phone number every time you have to login into Defence 365.
- You will then be asked to update your password. Your current password is the one supplied with your onboarding email.
- Read and accept the Acceptable Use Policy. Note: you will need to expand the policy by clicking on the “>” symbol.
- The Defence 365 platform will load and you are successfully onboarded!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: