QR&O: Volume I - Chapter 30 Fire Protection Services
Effective 1 August 2015, the official version of the QR&O is that published in PDF format on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between this consolidation and any printed or electronic copy, this consolidation prevails to the extent of the inconsistency. The HTML version on this website is provided solely for the convenience of readers. Any discrepancies between the HTML and the official PDF version should be reported to the DSCS, Corporate Secretary.
30.01 - FIRE PREVENTION COMMITTEE
(1) The commanding officer of a base, unit, other than a ship or element shall appoint a fire prevention committee consisting of at least three members, one of whom should, when practical, be a construction engineering officer.
(2) The function of the fire prevention committee is as prescribed in orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(30.02: NOT ALLOCATED)
30.03 - RESPONSIBILITY FOR FIRE FIGHTING
(1) Where the establishment of a base, unit, other than a ship, or element provides for a fire department, the senior fire officer or fire fighter tradesman is the fire chief and where there is no fire department, the commanding officer shall appoint an officer or non-commissioned member above the rank of private to act as fire chief.
(2) The duties of the fire chief are as prescribed by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(3) In a ship, the commanding officer is responsible for the fighting of a fire.
30.04 - PRACTICE FIRE DRILLS
(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the commanding officer of a base, unit or element shall hold practice fire drills in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(2) In ships, practice fire drills shall be held at intervals not exceeding one month and at such other times as prescribed in ship's orders.
30.05 - REPORTING A FIRE
The commanding officer of a base, unit or element shall ensure that all fires are reported in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
30.06 - FIRE PRECAUTIONS IN MILITARY BUILDINGS
An officer commanding a command shall ensure that the officer in whose charge he places any building which is under military control:
- takes fire prevention precautions as prescribed in orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff; and
- promulgates orders covering reporting and action to be taken when fire occurs.
30.07 - FIRE ORDERS
The commanding officer of a base, unit or element shall ensure that orders relating to reporting, control and prevention of fires at the base, unit or element are incorporated in Standing Orders. (See article 4.21 - Standing Orders.)
(30.08 TO 30.99 INCLUSIVE: NOT ALLOCATED)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: