QR&O: Volume I - Chapter 32 Bands
Effective 1 August 2015, the official version of the QR&O is that published in PDF format on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between this consolidation and any printed or electronic copy, this consolidation prevails to the extent of the inconsistency. The HTML version on this website is provided solely for the convenience of readers. Any discrepancies between the HTML and the official PDF version should be reported to the DSCS, Corporate Secretary.
32.01 - GENERAL ORGANIZATION OF BANDS
(1) This chapter applies to those bands:
- authorized by establishment and composed of:
- full-time musicians of the Regular Force, or
- musicians of the Reserve Force; and
- authorized by the Chief of the Defence Staff and composed of members of any rank and military occupation.
(2) Participation in bands authorized by the Chief of the Defence Staff shall:
- be on a voluntary basis; and
- not interfere with other service duties.
32.02 - ADMINISTRATION, TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OF BANDS
The employment of bands and their administration and training shall be in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(32.03: NOT ALLOCATED)
32.04 - BAND PROPERTY
(1) Band property includes all band instruments, accessories and music:
- presented to or purchased by a band, base, unit or element; or
- issued to a band.
(2) Band property referred to in subparagraph (1)(a) shall be accounted for as non-public property in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(3) Band property obtained in accordance with subparagraph (1)(b) shall be carried on unit charge and accounted for as public property in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(32.05 TO 32.99: NOT ALLOCATED)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: