ARCHIVED - QR&O: Volume I - Chapter 5 Duties and Responsibilities of Non-Commissioned Members (Historical Version: 23 April 2009 to 31 July 2015)
Effective 1 January 2006 the official version of the QR&O is that published in PDF format on defence websites. The regulations posted on this website are current up to 1 June 2014. The QR&O are provided electronically on defence websites in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Portable Document Format (PDF) versions. HTML is provided solely for the convenience of readers. The only official version of the QR&O made under the authority of the National Defence Act is in electronic PDF format found on this web site. A printed copy of the official PDF is only accurate as of the time it was printed. Any discrepancies between the HTML and the official PDF versions should be reported to the DSCS, Corporate Secretary.
- 23 April 2009 Amended Article: 5.01
- 5 June 2008 Amended Article: 5.01
5.01- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS
A non-commissioned member shall:
- become acquainted with, observe and enforce
- the National Defence Act,
- the Security of Information Act, (5 June 2008)
- QR&O, and
- all other regulations, rules, orders and instructions that pertain to the performance of the member's duties;
- afford to all persons employed in the public service such assistance in the performance of their duties as is practical;
- promote the welfare, efficiency and good discipline of all who are subordinate to the member;
- ensure the proper care and maintenance and prevent the waste of all public and non-public property within the member's control; and
- report to the proper authority any infringement of the pertinent statutes, regulations, rules, orders and instructions governing the conduct of any person subject to the Code of Service Discipline.
(M) (9 May 2008 effective 5 June 2008)
Article 19.15 (Prohibition of Reprisals) prohibits the taking of reprisals, or directing that any be taken, against any person who has, in good faith, reported to a proper authority any infringement of the pertinent statutes, regulations, rules, orders and instructions governing the conduct of any person subject to the Code of Service Discipline, made a disclosure of wrongdoing or cooperated in an investigation carried out in respect of such a report or disclosure.
(C) (23 April 2009)
(5.02 TO 5.99 INCLUSIVE: NOT ALLOCATED)
The Volume I Chapter 5: Duties and Responsibilities of Non-Commissioned Members replaces this content.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: