QR&O: Volume I - Chapter 5 Duties and Responsibilities of Non-Commissioned Members
Effective 1 August 2015, the official version of the QR&O is that published in PDF format on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between this consolidation and any printed or electronic copy, this consolidation prevails to the extent of the inconsistency. The HTML version on this website is provided solely for the convenience of readers. Any discrepancies between the HTML and the official PDF version should be reported to the DSCS, Corporate Secretary.
- 1 August 2015 - Replaced : Reference after subparagraph 5.01(a)
- 23 April 2009 - Amended : Article: 5.01
- 5 June 2008 - Amended : Article: 5.01
5.01- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS
A non-commissioned member shall:
- become acquainted with, observe and enforce
- the National Defence Act,
- the Security of Information Act, (5 June 2008)
- QR&O, and
- all other regulations, rules, orders and instructions that pertain to the performance of the member's duties;
- afford to all persons employed in the public service such assistance in the performance of their duties as is practical;
- promote the welfare, efficiency and good discipline of all who are subordinate to the member;
- ensure the proper care and maintenance and prevent the waste of all public and non-public property within the member's control; and
- report to the proper authority any infringement of the pertinent statutes, regulations, rules, orders and instructions governing the conduct of any person subject to the Code of Service Discipline.
(M) (9 May 2008 effective 5 June 2008)
Article 19.15 (Prohibition of Reprisals) prohibits the taking of reprisals, or directing that any be taken, against any person who has, in good faith, reported to a proper authority any infringement of the pertinent statutes, regulations, rules, orders and instructions governing the conduct of any person subject to the Code of Service Discipline, made a disclosure of wrongdoing or cooperated in an investigation carried out in respect of such a report or disclosure.
(C) (23 April 2009)
(5.02 TO 5.99 INCLUSIVE: NOT ALLOCATED)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: