- National Defence stands ready to defend our security and will always be there for Canadians.
- That is why Budget 2022 announced over $8 billion over five years to bolster the capacity of the Canadian Armed Forces, support our members, and promote culture change.
- This includes $7.4 billion on a cash basis to increase defence capabilities, improve continental defence, and support commitments to our allies.
- In fact, an additional $500 million will go towards providing military aid to Ukraine.
- On the personnel front, $100.5 million has been announced for strengthening leadership, modernizing the military justice system and culture change in the Canadian Armed Forces.
- In addition, $144.3 million has been announced to expand the Canadian Armed Forces’ health services and physical fitness programs to be more responsive to women and gender-diverse military personnel.
- We will also carry out a swift defence policy review to equip Canada for a world that has become more dangerous.
- National Defence will continue to make strategic investments in the Canadian Armed Forces to ensure they can keep Canadians safe and contribute to operations around the world.
- Budget 2022: A total of $8 billion in new funding over five years—on top of planned increases associated with Strong, Secure, Engaged.
- Defence Policy Review: Budget 2022 announces a review to allow Canada to update its existing defence policy.
- Date modified: