LifeSpeak’s Winter Campaign: Setting Goals for a Great Year
Every year, people usher in the new year by making pledges to improve different aspects of their lives.
In 2019, three of the top 10 New Year’s resolutions were to: eat better; save money; and spend more time with loved ones. These resolutions are amongst the most popular each year because people feel they have it within their power to be healthier, save more money and make more time with their families. Despite our best intentions, these goals often fail as they are neither specific nor measurable. The result? The same goals show up every year and are rarely fully realized.
Despite it being the wintertime, it’s important to stay active!
In 2020, you can change that with the help of LifeSpeak, and the “Setting Goals for a Great Year” campaign. The campaign runs from January 6 to February 15 and aims to help people successfully achieve and maintain their resolutions. Whether they relate to physical fitness, financial well-being, relationships or professional development, a variety of experts will share advice on how to put tangible and measureable ways to achieve their goals, big and small.
LifeSpeak is a web-based service that offers anonymous access to hundreds of short videos from leading experts on everyday issues affecting all of us from time to time. LifeSpeak is part of the Department of National Defence’s (DND) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and is available to Defence Team employees and their families. You can find log-in information below.
The Employee Assistance Program
DND Civilian employees have access to:
- Referral Agents (RA)s (link accessible only on the National Defence network) —DND employees provide confidential active-listening skills and resources to employees in need and can be contacted during regular working hours.
- Health Canada – Employee Assistance Services (EAS)—provides short-term professional counselling services. This service is available 24/7, 365 days a year, by calling 1-800-268-7708 or 1-800-567-5803 (hearing impaired)
- LifeSpeak—a web-based service that offers free confidential access to hundreds of short videos by experts on everyday issues. The next Ask the Expert will be held on JANUARY 21, 2020 AT 12:00PM ET with Fitness Expert Tim Sitt.
- To access LifeSpeak:
- Visit lifespeak.com or download the app.
- Select Canadian Armed Forces or Department of National Defence (Civilian) and input corporate ID: canada.
- To access LifeSpeak:
Be the first to know!
Contact the EAP Corporate Office to be added to the EAP distribution list for health related newsletters, special events and more.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: