What’s happening at Defence for Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
October 6, 2020 - Defence Stories
October is more than just cool weather, fall sweaters, and warm beverages – it’s Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month (CHWM)! This year’s activities will be virtual and will connect Defence Team members from across Canada and those stationed around the globe. Be sure you are following Canadian Armed Forces and the Department of National Defence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (click icons below) to participate in this month’s engaging wellness activities and learn about how you can contribute to a healthy workplace.
Throughout October you can:
- join an online Zumba class with colleagues (Zoom details below);
- try your hand as a chef on #foodiefridays;
- take some time to explore the Defence Team Virtual Health and Wellness Fair;
- watch a special CHWM message from senior Defence Team leaders stationed across Canada and around the world;
- follow Canadian Armed Forces and Department of National Defence’s social media accounts to engage in wellness activities; and
- visit DND Canada’s Healthy Workplace webpage to learn about how you can learn more ways to contribute to a healthy workplace.
Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month 2020
Event kickoff | October 1
Virtual mindful activities | October 5 and 19
Virtual physical activities | October 13 and 26
Virtual Wellness Fair | Throughout October
Defence Team leaders’ video montage | mid-month
Wrap up! | November 4
Taking part in physical activities can help foster overall positive wellness. This is why we are offering 30-minute Zumba classes open to all Defence Team members and their families, twice this October. Please join us on October 13 and 26, 2020 from 12:30 until 1:00 p.m.
You can find the login information below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 790 812 4658
Social media accounts
Defence Team - please be sure to follow @canadianforces on Instagram to engage in our #MentalHealthMonday digital wellness activities throughout the month of October.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: