Update: Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Training
February 11, 2021 - Defence Stories
To support the new workplace harassment and violence prevention regulations that came into force on January 1, 2021, all employees must complete the new mandatory training on the prevention of harassment and violence in the workplace, available through GCCampus.
****Please note that the CSPS is currently implementing updates to these courses and they will be re-launched on February 24th, 2021. GCcampus new registrations to all three courses will be interrupted from February 8th until the relaunch.
The mandatory training must be completed within the following timelines:
- New DND employees - within three months of joining the department
- Existing DND employees – as soon as possible but no later than 31 Dec 2021, and every three years thereafter.
****CAF members who are supervising Public Service employees and have access to GC campus should also take the required training at their earliest convenience. Additional information for those who do not have access will be coming soon.
This course covers:
- recognizing harassment and violence at work
- reporting and addressing harassment and violence, including family violence
- understanding the key elements of a work place harassment and violence prevention policy
- clarifying the resolution process
- reviewing the supportive measures available to employees
Supervisors and Managers
This course requires completion of W101 as a prerequisite and covers:
- clarifying roles and responsibilities
- outlining the steps of a work place assessment
- reviewing the limitations of the employer and the applicable partner
- understanding the elements of the investigation report
- recordkeeping and reporting
Discontinued mandatory training
- Prevention of Violence in the Work Place (302633)
- Harassment Prevention and Bystander Intervention (300025)
- Harassment Prevention and Resolution for Supervisors (300033)
The Defence Learning Catalogue will be updated at a later date to reflect these changes.
If you have any questions about the Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regulations, please visit the following web page: New workplace harassment and violence prevention regulations for Defence Team public servants (Bill C-65 (42-1)), call HR Connect RH at 1-833-RHR-MDND (1-833-747-6363) or email the WHVP Centre of Expertise.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: