ADM(HR-Civ) Summer Directive and Guidance for Defence Public Service Employees and Managers
July 2, 2021 - Defence Stories
These guidelines will strengthen our varied workforce by helping the Defence Team meet the needs of the future, while supporting our employees at home and in the workplace
Following the DM/CDS Directive on the DND/CAF Reopening Strategy (Summer 2021 Posture), and as some locations gradually allow for the safe return of employees to the workplace, teams will need to determine a balance between on-site, virtual and hybrid work that supports employees and meets operational requirements.
The organization’s top priority remains the health and safety of its people and ensuring the well-being of our agile, flexible, varied and mobile workforce.
Defence leadership is mindful that what works for one individual or situation may not necessarily work for another - some jobs can be done virtually, while others must be performed on-site.
To support public service employees and their managers, ADM(HR-Civ) has developed the Summer 2021 Directive and Guidance, which provides information on our current posture and includes a ‘how to’ guide to help manage a modern and flexible workplace while preparing for the eventual transition to a post-pandemic posture
These document include:
- Updated Direction to Managers on managing a modern, flexible, and varied workforce;
- Information on virtual and hybrid working arrangements and how employees and managers can leverage the Civilian Flexible Work Program (FWP) (accessible only on the National Defence network);
- Guidance for working on-site and information on Occupational Health and Safety considerations, vaccinations, and the DND/CAF COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Detection Testing (RADT) pilot program;
- Information for groups faced with specific challenges, such as caregivers;
- Guides for public service employees and managers navigating the current posture; and
- Total health and well-being resources to support the physical and psychological health and safety of the public service community.
These guidelines will strengthen our varied workforce by helping the Defence Team meet the needs of the future, while supporting our employees at home and in the workplace.
A strong and resilient workforce depends on the healthy well-being of all Defence Team members. As summer approaches, you are encouraged to consider using some of your earned vacation leave over the summer months, and to submit leave requests to your manager, if you have not already done so.
If you have any questions, please contact HR Connect (accessible only on the National Defence network) at 1-833-747-6363. You can also download the HR Go RH App, read the Defence Team COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions or submit a question to the Ask Anything: COVID-19 as part of the DND/CAF’s COVID-19 resources.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: