Reservist Assistance Program

The Reservists’ Assistance Program (RAP), is provided by the Canadian Forces Liaison Council (CFLC). The intent is to provide support when conflicts arise between reservists and their civilian employers and educators, with the goal to assist in resolution.

Reservists are encouraged to use the tools and resources provided by the CFLC and to call upon their Unit Military Leave Representative as well as their chain of command to try and resolve any conflicts between their civilian careers or studies and their military training and service.

The RAP provides direct assistance to a reservist when help is needed to find common ground between the reservist and their employer or educational institution. Some examples of this assistance include:

  • Communication with employer or educator to demonstrate the validity and necessity of the request for time off
  • Information on the Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program 
  • Provision of information on military leave policies and labour laws surrounding  time off for military duty
  • Mediation and in-person support

The aim of the program is to seek a successful resolution that benefits both parties. The RAP is also supported by the CFLC Reserve Unit Support Program (RUSP), which provides Primary reservists and their Commanding Officers the resources to gain the support of local employers and educational institutions.

The CFLC does not contact a reservist’s civilian employer or educational institution without the consent of the military member. Reservists wishing to initiate a RAP action should contact their chain of command and their Unit Military Leave Representative, followed by the CFLC Secretariat.

Get help with requesting time off for deployment or training. Contact us.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: