COVID-19 Information for Canadian Armed Forces members in the National Capital Region (NCR)
IMPORTANT: The following COVID-19 immunization and testing information is for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members in the National Capital Region (NCR) only.
COVID-19 Vaccine boosters (4th dose) are available at CF H Svcs C (Ottawa) - 713 Montreal Road and is available to all CAF members as long as it has been more than 6 months since the last Covid vaccine. As per NACI recommendations, individuals who experienced SARS-CoV-2 infection after completing their primary series or after a 1st booster, may receive a 2nd booster dose 3 months after symptoms started or after testing positive.
To register, access the booking tool and follow the instructions: http://10.97.166.62/apps/opsoft/apps/vax/index.php (only accessible through DWAN).
The booking tool can be used to change or cancel your appointment. If you would like to cancel an appointment and there it is less than 24 hours before your appointment, please call 613-945-1181.
- Bring your vaccine booklet at your booked appointment
- Cancel your appointment if you are HIGH risk of exposure or have COVID-19 symptoms.
If you do not have DWAN access, please contact your CoC to assist you with your booking and provide the following details:
- Date of birth
- Personal Email
- Name of vaccine previously received (Mod/Pfi/AZ/Jan)
- Date of last dose
Please note: If you are 30 years old or younger, NACI now recommends the use of Pfizer (Cominarty). Do not hesitate to contact your Primary Immunizer if you have any questions in regards to the vaccine proposed.
For all inquiries, please contact the immunization clinic by email: ImmunizationNCR-ImmunisationRCN@forces.gc.ca or 613-945-1181.
If you have received a Covid Vaccine on the civilian side: Please send your proof of vaccination in pdf format and the following information to: ImmunizationNCR-ImmunisationRCN@forces.gc.ca.
- Service Number (if applicable)
- First Name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Home email address
- Vaccine Name
- Administration date
The immunization team will update your medical records and you will receive a Covid Vaccine QR Code through DWAN.
Closed permanently as of 24th December 2021. For any information regarding COVID-19 Vaccines or Boosters and COVID-19 Testing Site (CTS) please refer to COVID-19 Sick Parade section below.
As of 20th Dec 2021, patients with a new onset of COVID-like symptoms (refer to the links below for list of symptoms and self-assessment tools) are required to call 343-550-9953 between 0730 and 1530 to book an appointment for symptomatic Sick Parade.
It is a member’s responsibility to stay informed of local public health guidelines.
ONTARIO: COVID-19 Information can be obtained from OPH COVID-19 Line No: 613-580-6744 or the OPH website:
- Children in Household:
QUEBEC: COVID-19 Information can be obtained from Quebec Public Health COVID-19 information line 1-877-644-4545 or the Quebec Public Health website:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Québec (quebec.ca)
- Testing - CISSS de l'Outaouais (gouv.qc.ca)
- Children in household:
Below is the chart (adapted from the Government of Ontario Ministry of Health) that will be used to determine isolation duration and testing admissibility. Note that CF H Svsc C (O) has adopted the local Public Health Guidance and will only be testing in rare situations and will not be providing Medical Employment Limitations. CF H Svcs C (O) is also extending the 5 day isolation period from Ottawa Public Health to 7 days when it comes to returning to a CAF workplace for both military and civilian employees.
You’ve been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or someone with COVID-19 symptoms. Now what?
This guidance does not apply to individuals who live, work, volunteer or are admitted in a highest risk setting (hospitals, LongTerm Care, retirement homes, congregate living settings)
- Does the COVID-19 positive/symptomatic person live with you?
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- Self-isolate immediately for at least 10 days (or 5 days if under 12 years old) following your last exposure and until your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms), whichever is longer.
- If you are eligible for testing, get tested and follow the guidance for cases.
- Self-monitor for symptoms for 10 days.
- If you are immunocompromised you should self-isolate for at least 10 days from your last exposure and until you have no fever and other symptoms are improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours for gastrointestinal symptoms).
- Report your exposure to your employer and follow any work restrictions.
- If you develop symptoms, self-isolate immediately for at least 5 days from symptom onset and until you have no fever and other symptoms are improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours for gastrointestinal symptoms). Get tested if eligible and follow the guidance for cases.
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- Self-isolate for the same amount of time as the positive/symptomatic person.
- If you develop symptoms continue to self-isolate and get tested if you are eligible. Follow the guidance for cases.
- If anyone else in the household develops symptoms then all other asymptomatic household contacts should extend their self-isolation until the newly symptomatic person has finished their self-isolation period.
Non-essential travel – personal travel is not covered or reimbursed by the CAF and must be arranged using a locally available travel testing provider.
Operational and Duty related travel - All travel testing for COVID-19 should be arranged using a locally available travel testing provider. The majority of civilian airlines have now partnered with testing companies for seamless testing and travel. There are now numerous excellent choices to provide recognized and reliable testing for nearly all travel with seamless, personal and safe on-line reporting. The following list of local available travel testing providers can be used to book your essential travel test recognizing that this list is not exclusive to those listed. Health services will be repositioning its resources to focus on in garrison and deployed medical support rather than travel testing.
- Switch Health
- Appletree Medical Group
- Riverside Travel Clinic
- Covid Travel Test
*CF H Svcs C (O) will continue to support Operational testing as requested and vetted by COVID-19 Operational Testing Coordination Cell (COTCC).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: