A Designated Assistant acts as a vital link between the Canadian Armed Forces, the casualty, their chosen Next of Kin, the personal representative, and any substitute decision-maker.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible for support from a Designated Assistant if you are:
- A serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces; and
- Your Commanding Officer (CO) assigned a Designated Assistant to help you through a difficult situation; or
- A chosen next of kin of:
- An ill or injured CAF member who is eligible for support; or
- A fallen soldier
What you need before you start
For information, contact your local transition centre.
Contact us for help
To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group by:
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidental.
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: