Return to duty services
The Canadian Armed Forces Return to Duty (RTD) provides a wide range of services to help the ill or injured members reintegrate back into the workplace as soon as medically possible.
What this service offers
The services include:
- a framework for enhanced communication between
- the member
- medical authorities
- chain of command
- the member
- personnel managament tool
- coordination with other similar programs and services
- a tailored, flexible work schedule
- care and support for the ill and injured member
- a supportive environment
Who is eligible
Any member of the Canadian Armed Forces who suffers from an injury or illness that temporarily or permanently limits their ability to perform their normal duties is eligible for RTD.
What you need before you start
- An assignment of Medical Employment Limitations (MELs) from a military Medical Authority
- A recommendation from that authority that you be placed on RTD
Contact us for help
To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group.
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidential.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: