Military housing in Yellowknife

In light of the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), CFHA’s Housing Service Centres (HSCs) across the country have modified the delivery of housing services. Some HSCs may be closed to visitors. For the latest updates, please contact your local HSC at the telephone number or email address listed below.

Occupants planning house hunting or destination inspection trips of Residential Housing Units should consult the Department of National Defence (DND)’s House Hunting Trips and Destination Inspection Trips Information on Local Community Conditions to understand the COVID-19 conditions and restrictions at your destination.

The Department of National Defence, along with other government departments, secures housing units through Public Services and Procurement Canada. They operate on the basis of a pool of housing units which includes Crown-owned and leased units that are located throughout Yellowknife. The units vary in style, size and layout, with the majority being townhouses.

Residential housing is made available for those Canadian Armed Forces members and their families who choose to live in military housing. Each year, we provide our housing requirements to Public Services and Procurement Canada. We don’t have an assigned portfolio of housing units, but rather we are guaranteed access to the required number of units through the pool of housing. Therefore, the style, layout and location of the housing unit that is allocated to a member will depend on what is available at that time.

For more information on military housing in Yellowknife, please contact the customer services representative in Yellowknife at

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: