Home assistance benefit

From: National Defence

If you become ill or injured as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, and need an attendant to look after your house, you may be reimbursed for home assistance expenses. These expenses can include grounds maintenance services and housekeeping services.

Who is eligible

You may be eligible if you meet all of the following requirements: 

  • you were entitled to medical care at public expense at the time of the injury or diagnosis of illness
  • you’re recommended by an occupational therapist
  • you’re approved by a Base or Wing surgeon

What you need before you start

Visit your nearest Canadian Forces Health Services Clinic for a referral from a Canadian Forces health care provider. Once you receive a referral, contact your local transition centre.

Contact us for help

To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group by:


  • Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
  • National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
  • Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
  • TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877

Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidental.



Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: