Canadian Armed Forces Career Transition Services
Enhanced Transition Training (ETT)
All CAF members with a Date of Release (DOR) will be required to undertake, through the Defence Learning Network (DLN) (Accessible only on the National Defence network.), an online training which is comprised of essential information related to your transition out of the CAF. Although only members with a DOR are obligated to undertake this training, it is available to all CAF members at any time and it is highly recommended as the information contained within each module can assist in developing your transition plan. The training is designed to empower CAF members to have a successful and seamless transition.
To register for this training, go to the Defence Learning Network (DLN) (Accessible only on the National Defence network.)
Second Career Assistance Network (SCAN) Seminars
- A two-day General SCAN Seminar provides a broad range of information on major transition topics including, but not limited to, topics such as: pension benefits, VAC benefits, services and entitlements, administration procedures on release, SISIP coverage after release, family services, education benefits, career interests inventories, and job search tools, as well as networking opportunities.
- In addition to the General SCAN, you may also attend the one-day Medical SCAN Seminar, designed for members anticipating a medical release, for more detailed information of interest to medically releasing members.
- These seminars are conducted by your local Base and Wing PSOs. All CAF members are encouraged to attend a seminar at least five to ten years prior to potential transition, and again during their final 12 months of service.
- For more information on these seminars or to register, contact your local Personnel Selection Office
If you or a member of your family are not able to participate in a SCAN seminar, you could access the different presentations, available in both official languages, through the SCAN online platform.
CAF Career Transition Workshops
- These workshops are held on Wings and Bases across the country and are free for all CAF members. There are four modules covered over a two-day period focusing on the following areas:
- Module 1: Self-Assessment for Interests and Skills;
- Module 2: Resumé Writing;
- Module 3: Interview Techniques; and
- Module 4: Job Search Techniques.
- The goal of the workshop is to give you more information and knowledge about these subjects, in order to assist you in your transition from the CAF to civilian employment. You may register by contacting your local Personnel Selection Office
CAF Long Term Planning (LTP) Seminars
- CAF members are provided with the opportunity to participate in long-term planning as it relates to their education, CAF career, and retirement goals.
- These seminars are designed to engage the CAF in topics that usually include, but are not limited to: financial and budget planning; home purchase and mortgages; wills and estates; CAF pensions and benefits; SISIP; and education upgrading for CAF career development. All CAF members are encouraged to attend within the first 10 years of military service.
- You may register by contacting your local Personnel Selection Office
Individual Career and Education Counselling
- Your local Personnel Selection Officer provides one-on-one counselling and expertise on in-service occupation transfers, education upgrading, information on education reimbursement benefits, and assistance with job search techniques and tools, as well as recommendations to assist with your vocational rehabilitation plan (if applicable).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: