Cadet365 - Onboarding with a Standalone Android Mobile Device
You must use the MS Teams app, browser sign-in does not work on Mobile Devices.
- With your Android mobile device, go to your home screen. Navigate to your app store.
- In the Play Store, search (by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top of the screen) and install the following applications:
- Microsoft Authenticator
- MS Teams
- Opening up Microsoft Authenticator, you will prompted with a Data Privacy popup. Select “OK”. You will be asked to sign in but select “SCAN QR CODE”. Allow access to take photos and record video.
- A QR screen overlay will pop up, please select “OR SIGN IN MANUALLY” (located at the bottom). You will see two fields to fill in, leave the app like this:
A picture of the camera overlay to scan QR codes.
- Note: If you happen to lose this screen, open Authenticator app and click on ADD ACCOUNT. Select “Work or school account”, and the QR Overlay will reappear and reselect “OR SIGN IN MANUALLY”.
- Return to your home screen (by tapping the home button) and open the Teams App. You will be asked to sign in. Enter your Cadet365 account information and tap sign in.
- Adult Staff: Enter your CCO account credentials.
- Cadets: Enter the email and temporary password that was provided to you.
- You will be prompted to accept “Cadet365 Term and Conditions” (you will have to scroll down manually to click “Accept”. Tap the Acceptable Use Policy to expand it).
- You will then be asked for “More Information”. Click “Next”.
- Continue clicking “Next” until you reach a page that says “Copy and paste this information into your app” which has two fields for you to copy. One is a code and the other is a URL link. When you paste the link make sure that https:// is not showing twice.
- Copy the Code and URL separately by clicking the little copy symbol next to each field and paste separately into the Authenticator app (paste by holding your finger down on the empty field in the Authenticator app and an option to paste will pop up).
- If you do this too slowly the connection may time out for protection. If that happens you will have to press “Back” on the Teams app and reacquire a new Code and URL to copy paste into the Authenticator app.
- Once you have entered in the code and URL successfully, you will get a pop-up notification at the top of the phone. Click “Approve”.
- In the MS Teams app, you can see that the phone can now successfully authenticate all your logins! Select “Next” and “Done”.
- You will be prompted to register your device. Tap “Register”.
- Teams will then boot up and you will greeted with several splash screens. Keep swiping the screens until you get the option to tap a button that says “Got it”.
- You will notified that our organization protects data in this app. Click “OK”. You will then be prompted to enter a PIN. Pick one of your choosing.
- You have successfully set up MS Teams and now whenever you sign in you will be asked to approve the sign in on the same device!
- You can access all CCO resources by opening your browser and signing into Cadet365.
Optional but Recommended Steps
- If you don’t have access to a desktop, download the Office App for mobile. This will allow you to open Word, PDF, and Excel documents with ease.
- In addition, download the Outlook App for mobile. This will allow for access to your email account and calendar (you can also access a basic version of your calendar from Teams). It does not come bundled with the Office App.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: