Consultative Framework Between the CAF and Cadet Leagues
A Commitment to Consult
Consultative Model: Text version
A graphic representing the collaboration of the Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers, with the Navy League, Air, and Army Cadet Leagues of Canada, working together to consult at the local, regional, and national levels. There are three wheels with arrows indicating that the three levels work in tandem, and create a feedback loop.
Consultative Framework Between the CAF and Cadet Leagues
To oversee, guide and enable interactions between the CAF and Cadet Leagues in the provision and performance measurement of shared roles and responsibilities IAW the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between these Participants
- Strengthen the partnership between the CAF and Cadet Leagues.
- Establish the forums to facilitate effective two-way consultation between the CAF and Leagues at all levels.
- Provide the mechanisms for effective information sharing, data management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Reinforces commitment to consult and requirement to concur, as applicable.
- Ensure issues are identified and managed at all levels with clear top-down direction and consistent bottom-up reporting.
- Operate in a standardized, consistent and resource efficient manner (e.g. SOPs, leverage technology to support administration inclusive of virtual meeting platforms).
Consistent support to Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons.
- Annual internal evaluation by consultative forum member
- External confirmation as part of the next ADM(RS) Evaluation
Framework: A model of the fundamental elements and components that define or describe a process or situation.
Consult: To seek information or advice; to have discussions or confer with (MoU participant representatives), typically before undertaking a course of action.
Consultation: The exchange of views and the conduct of deliberations amongst the senior representatives at each level of the respective organizations of the MoU Participants, aiming at harmonizing positions and formulating recommendations on issues of common interest.
Concur: To agree, as in view or action or finding.
Disagreement: Lack of concurrence between MoU participant representatives on the action to take to address an issue.
Consultative Forumns: Text version
A graphic representing the Memorandum of Understanding Shared Responsibilities and the consultative forums consisting of the National Cadet Council (NCC), Community Coordinating Committee (CCC), Regional Cadet Advisory Group (RCAG), National Cadet Board (NCB), and National Cadet Steering Committee (NCSC). The groups are displayed within a circle indicating the forums work in tandem, creating a feedback loop. The NCC is at the top, CCC and NCB at the same level on either side, and the RCAG and NCSC at the bottom both at the same level on either side, both with Issues Management Action Teams.
Consultative Framework to oversee, guide and enable interactions between the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and Cadet Leagues in the provision and performance measurement of shared roles and responsibilities
|Consultative Forums||Objective and Primary Focus||Chair||MoU Participant Representative||Meeting Rhythm|
|National Cadet Council (NCC)||Strategic Level Reporting to the VCDS:
||VCDS||CAF: Comd CJCR Leagues: National Presidents Secretary: COS Coord CJCR||Mar/Nov|
|National Cadet Board (NCB)||Strategic Level Oversight and Direction to Subordinate Consultative Forums:
||Comd CJCR||CAF: DComd CJCR Leagues: National Presidents Secretary: COS Coord CJCR||Jan/Sep|
|National Cadet Steering Committee (NCSC)||Operationalize Strategic Direction from the NCB / Address Issues Identified by the RCAGs:
||DComd CJCR||CAF: DCOS Strat Plans CJCR League: League ED or Designated Rep Secretary: Strat Plans Mgr CJCR||Quarterly (adjusted when required)|
|Regional Cadet Advisory Group (RCAG)||Execute Direction from the NCSC / Address Issues Identified by the CCC:
||CO RCSU||CAF: OC Area
Leagues: Provincial Presidents Secretary: TBD
|Minimum Twice Annually (~Fall / Spring)|
|Community Coordinating Committee (CCC)||Execute Direction from the RCAG / Address Issues Identified by the Corps/Squadrons & Local Committees:
||OC Area||CAF: Corps / Squadron COs League: Local Committee Chairs Secretary: Z Trg O||Minimum Twice Annually (~Fall / Spring)|
Consultative Framework to oversee, guide and enable interactions between the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and Cadet Leagues in the provision and performance measurement of shared roles and responsibilities.
|Roles within the Consultative Forums||Responsibilities – It is incumbent of the Consultative Forum Chairs, Members, Secretaries and Invited SMEs/Observers to represent the full breadth of their areas of responsibility.|
|Chairs (Established by the CAF)||Chairs are responsible to:
|Members (MoU Participant Representatives) (Ex-Officio Members TBC)||Members are responsible to:
|Secretary (Established by the CAF)||Secretaries are responsible for:
|Invited Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & Observers||
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) - DND DIN 2020-030021 Consultative Arrangement for Executing Shared Responsibilities in Support of Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons
Shared Responsibilities (Section 5)
- The Cadet Leagues concur with the following shared roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in a mutually concurred upon consultative framework.
- Recommend, supervise and assist local committees.
- Supervise and account for the provision of facilities by local committees, when not provided by the CAF.
- Supervise and account for the provision of financial support, when not provided by the CAF.
- Supervise and account for the provision of material (e.g., training aids, equipment, band instruments, food, etc.), when not provided by the CAF.
- Supervise and account for the provision of transportation for cadet activities, when not provided by the CAF.
- Engage with private industry, non-government organizations and provincial, territorial and municipal governments.
- Support communications activities.
- Support awards, recognition, bursaries and grants for Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons.
- Provide other support upon request (e.g. administrative, insurance), when not provided by the CAF.
Consultative Arrangement (Section 6)
- The provision and performance measurement of the shared roles and responsibilities requires the Participants to establish and participate in a mutually concurred upon framework, that will oversee, guide and enable interactions between them at all levels. Through the framework, the Participants will:
- monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the support provided to Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons. Focus will be on determining the appropriate, and whenever possible, proactive interventions to be taken in support of Cadet Corps and Squadrons that are in greatest need;
- establish reasonable requirements for facilities, funding, material and transportation support for Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons. Focus will be on determining the challenges in satisfying these requirements in an affordable and sustainable manner, and developing workable solutions to address them;
- arrange for support from private industry, non-government organizations and provincial, territorial and municipal governments to address prioritized capability deficiencies;
- engage in applicable communications planning activities in support of proactive communications initiatives and campaigns as well as informing the applicable Participant of any issue or crisis that implicates them and may require additional communications support;
- determine the requirements, provision and administration of viable and sustainable awards, recognition, bursaries and grants for Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons; and
- determine the requirements, provision and administration of appropriate insurance coverage for Cadets and Cadet Corps and Squadrons, when not provided by the CAF.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: