11-08 Annex E - Training and Education for the Environmental Stewardship (TREES)
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
1. This annex provides direction in the environmental topics that must be included into the CIC training system and the cadet training programs.
Purpose of Training
2. The purpose of the environmental awareness training (TrEES) is to make the members of the CCO/CIC aware of their responsibilities and liabilities toward the environment, and to ensure that they are provided with the necessary skills to protect the environment during the execution of their duties.
Type of Training
3. Environmental considerations will be integrated into existing training wherever possible, so that the member can properly carry out their duties without harm to the environment.
4. The RCISs will provide the training for the CIC.
5. The units will provide the training for cadets.
6. The cadet Environmental Stewardship training programs will teach cadets:
- their legal responsibility and liability to protect the environment; and
- the environmental considerations applicable to each skill taught through the cadet program.
7. CIC Environmental Stewardship training will teach officers:
- their legal responsibility and liability to protect the environment;
- the environmental considerations applicable to each skill taught through the CIC training system;
- to consider the environment during the planning and execution of activities; and
- to fully understand the liabilities associated with the environmental decisions they make.
- Date modified: