14-42 Annex A - CCM Biathlon Championship Series
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
1. The CCM Biathlon Championship Series will be conducted annually in four stages:
- Stage 1 - Corps/Squadron Selection;
- Stage 2 - Zone Competition;
- Stage 3 - Provincial Competition; and
- Stage 4 - National Championship.
2. Stages 1 and 2 may be conducted as summer or winter biathlon events with either air rifle or small bore rifle and will consist of one solo race each. Stages 3 and 4 will be conducted as a winter biathlon event with small-bore rifle. Stage 3 will consist of two races: one individual and one team race. Stage 4 will consist in a minimum of three races: two individual and one team.
3. Details concerning the event conduct, rules and races will be contained in the CCM Biathlon Championship Series Reference Manual issued separately.
4. Funding and OPI responsibilities will be as follows:
- Stage 1 – Corps/Squadrons;
- Stage 2 – RCSU;
- Stage 3 – RCSU; and
- Stage 4 – Director – Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (D Cdts & JCR).
5. The locations for the conduct of Stages 1 through 3 will be at the discretion of the relevant OPI.
6. For Stage 4, D Cdts & JCR will request a Region to host and conduct the Championship. Appendix 1 to this Annex provides guidance for the planning and conduct of Stage 4.
- Date modified: