COVID-19: FedDev Ontario launches Regional Relief and Recovery Fund to support local economies
"No matter how wide we extend the safety net, businesses across Canada continue to slip through the cracks. Many entrepreneurs are still anxious about whether they will get the help they need. With nearly a billion dollars in support across the country, the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund will fill in some of the gaps. Our message to Canadians is clear: we are here for you now; we will be here for you in the weeks and months to come; and we will get through this together. We’ve got your back."
- The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
“During a time of unprecedented uncertainty, our Government has worked hard to push out relief measures for families and workers across Canada. Southern Ontario’s entrepreneurs are no exception to the need for support, and the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund is here to help keep many of our businesses and main street stores operating and assist them in preparing for economic recovery.”
- Kate Young, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages (FedDev Ontario)
“Small- and medium-sized businesses have been particularly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This investment in the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) will capitalize on Community Futures Development Corporations’ unique position and expertise to help support rural businesses and entrepreneurs during these challenging times.”
- Shawn Heard, President, Ontario Association for Community Futures Development Corporations Inc.
The six regional development agencies (RDAs) ensure that Canada’s regions are heard in Ottawa, and that local economies and businesses get the support they need to grow and prosper.
Canada’s RDAs focus on developing and diversifying regional economies to help communities thrive. Already a major presence in communities, they know where additional support is needed most.
Southern Ontario businesses and organizations that have applied for but were unable to access existing federal COVID-19 relief programs are encouraged to review the RRRF eligibility requirements or to contact FedDev Ontario information.
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces additional support for small businesses
- Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID‑19
- Prime Minister announces more support for workers and businesses through Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces health and social support for northern communities
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Economic Development and Official
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: