Regional Committees - New Horizons for Seniors Program
Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, there are changes to this program:
There are Regional Committees in each province and territory across Canada. The mandate of each group is:
- to provide regional perspective
- to help promote the program in their own community
- to review and provide insight on funding applications for community-based projects
Regional Committee members include people from seniors’ organizations and communities, including:
- official language minority communities
- Indigenous communities
- provincial and territorial governments, and
- other people actively involved in addressing seniors’ issues
Regional Committee members serve on a voluntary basis. Only travel costs get refunded.
If you wish to volunteer your services and become a Regional Committee member:
We will invite you for an interview when a position is vacant.
Province of Quebec
There is no recruitment process for the province of Quebec.
In Quebec, representatives from the Government of Quebec government and Employment and Social Development Canada make up a Joint Management Committee.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: