Share your thoughts: Temporary Foreign Worker accommodations
Current status: closed
This consultation ran from October 27, 2020 to December 22, 2020
This consultation is seeking feedback on proposed federal accommodations requirements for the TFW program, including potential impacts and considerations for transitioning to new requirements. It is also seeking feedback on potential approaches to strengthen oversight of worker accommodations, both prior to and after the worker’s arrival. The intent is to develop a gradual, lasting approach to improve living conditions for workers. The approach will take into account elements that make accommodations adaptable, in order to address any communicable disease outbreaks in the future.
Who was the focus of this consultation
We invited all Canadians to participate in this consultation. We especially wanted to hear from:
- workers and organizations representing workers
- provinces and territories
- foreign partner countries
The objective of the new accommodations requirements is to improve living conditions. They will focus on a number of key factors including:
reduced potential for overcrowding in order to ensure:
- adequate personal space and privacy
- greater adaptability to public health measures to prevent the outbreak of communicable diseases
- appropriate ratios of amenities
- appropriate heating, cooling and air quality, and
- access to phone and internet, where available
What we heard
Government of Canada launches consultations to improve living conditions for temporary foreign workers.
Privacy notice statement
Please read our privacy notice statement for consultation and engagement activities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: