Share your thoughts: Temporary Foreign Worker accommodations
Current status: open
Opened on October 27, 2020 and will close on December 22, 2020
This consultation is seeking feedback on proposed federal accommodations requirements for the TFW program, including potential impacts and considerations for transitioning to new requirements. It is also seeking feedback on potential approaches to strengthen oversight of worker accommodations, both prior to and after the worker’s arrival. The intent is to develop a gradual, lasting approach to improve living conditions for workers. The approach will take into account elements that make accommodations adaptable, in order to address any communicable disease outbreaks in the future.
Join in: how to participate
Send us an email for more information or take part in this consultation.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We invite all Canadians to participate in this consultation. We especially want to hear from:
- workers and organizations representing workers
- provinces and territories
- foreign partner countries
The objective of the new accommodations requirements is to improve living conditions. They will focus on a number of key factors including:
reduced potential for overcrowding in order to ensure:
- adequate personal space and privacy
- greater adaptability to public health measures to prevent the outbreak of communicable diseases
- appropriate ratios of amenities
- appropriate heating, cooling and air quality, and
- access to phone and internet, where available
Privacy notice statement
Please read our privacy notice statement for consultation and engagement activities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: