Apply – Enhancing Access to Professional Sign Language Interpretation
How to apply
Note: The deadline to apply has been extended to September 15, 2023, instead of September 8, 2023.
You could apply from August 11, 2023, to September 15, 2023, at 3:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
On this page
Current status: Closed
Send your completed concept application form by email by September 15, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
Your application will be screened out if:
- you submit your concept application form after September 15, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. EDT
- it is sent through other sources, such as cloud storage, like Dropbox or Google Drive
Our application form uses PDF form technology. You must have a PDF reader installed to use the form correctly. There are several readers available on the Internet for free that support our form:
- Adobe Reader (you must use a version of Adobe Reader 8 or higher, for example Adobe Acrobat DC Reader)
- Foxit Reader
If you do not use the recommended readers (Adobe Acrobat 8 or higher or Foxit Reader), the department may receive a blank application from you.
Downloading the application form
- Make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher or Foxit Reader installed on your system
- Select the Application form
- When prompted to open or save the form, select the down arrow on the "Save" button, and select "Save as"
- Select your folder location and save (file type must be PDF)
- Reopen the form from your computer:
- select the "Open with" option
- choose option to open with either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit
- Make sure that the form opens in one of the Reader Softwares (Adobe or Foxit), by looking at the top of your screen. For example, you should see:
- (ESDC-EMP XXXX.pdf (SECURED) – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- ESDC-EMP XXXX.pdf (SECURED) – Foxit PhantomPDF
- Begin inputting and save your information
- Before submitting your application make sure that the Application form is completed, and all information has saved properly
Moving within a form
To move from one field to the next on the form, hit "Tab". This ensures that you do not accidently skip over any fields.
Forms that perform calculations
Some sections of the form perform calculations based on the amounts you enter and will automatically calculate totals in the appropriate fields. You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of any information submitted. Please double-check all data you enter.
Confirmation of receipt
Once you submitted your application by email, you will received an automated replay as confirmation of receipt.
Submit one application only
Submit only one copy of your application to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Submitting multiple copies of the same application will cause longer processing times for your application.
When you'll get a decision
We expect to make a decision on the submitted concepts within 90 calendar days of the call for concepts closing date.
Funding will only be provided during Step 2 and not all full proposals will be selected for funding, as funding is limited.
Please note that decisions are final and there is no appeal process.
- Date modified: