Apply for funding for early learning and child care under the Social Development Partnerships Program – Children and Families: Section 1. Overview
Deadline: July 27, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Section 1. Overview
The Government of Canada is currently accepting applications from organizations interested in receiving funding from the Social Development Partnerships Program - Children and Families for innovative projects related to early learningFootnote 1 and child careFootnote 2 service delivery.
This section provides information on the first step of this two-step application process and on the purpose of this applicant guide.
Information on this two-step application process:
1 – Call for concepts
In this first step, applicants are invited to submit a proposal that describes an idea for an innovative project. The initial proposal provides preliminary information on the objectives, the activities and the results of the innovative project. At this stage, only the following questions in the application for funding must be answered: 1 to 34, 41 to 47, 50, 51 and 64. This guide will help applicants complete only those questions.
As the initial proposal step is a competitive process, not all applications will be retained.
2 - Full proposal step
In this second step, applicants whose initial proposal is retained will be invited to develop a full proposal. At that time, applicants will be asked to provide additional information about the proposed innovative project and submit additional supporting documents.
Overview of the timeline for this process
- Call for concepts: June 28 to July 27, 2018
- Notification of decision regarding the Call for concepts: Fall 2018
- Full proposal step: Fall 2018
- Projects anticipated to begin: Early 2019
Goal of this application process
This process aims to identify projects that explore, test and develop innovative approachesFootnote 3. These approaches support early learning and child care service deliveryFootnote 4. They include the development of knowledge, tools, methodologies, solutions and best practices. They target children under six years of age and their families.
Innovative approaches must aim to improve the quality of early learning and child care service delivery Footnote 5. These approaches must show how they can be more effective than traditional or currently used methods.
Innovative approaches may address the affordability, accessibility, flexibility or inclusivity of early learning and child care.
Note: Organizations can submit only one application for funding.
Note: The total amount of funding requested from ESDC cannot exceed $1 million.
Expected results of this application process
This process seeks to:
- identify and develop innovative approaches that respond to existing and emerging early learning and child care issues.
- develop and share knowledge of existing and emerging early learning and child care issues.
- foster partnerships and networks to address early learning and child care issues.
Goals of the Social Development Partnerships Program
The Social Development Partnerships Program is a federal grants and contributions program. It funds partnership-based projects. It supports:
- the development and use of approaches to address social issues and challenges; and,
- the development, exchange and application of knowledge, tools and resources that address social needs of individuals, families and communities.
Purpose of this guide
The purpose of this guide is to help you complete your application for funding. It consists of five sections (presented above). You should read each section before you start completing your application. The guide provides:
- important information about this application process and about the criteria that will be used to assess your application for funding;
- instructions on how best to respond to the questions in the application for funding; and,
- a checklist of the documents to submit with your application (see 'Section 4. Apply', 'Required Documentation - Checklist').
After the application submission deadline, this guide will no longer be available online. You may wish to print or save a copy of this guide before the deadline to refer to it after the application process is closed.
If you have questions about this application process, please send them to: NC-DGOP-POB-ELCC-AGJE-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca. The deadline for enquiries is July 27, 2018, 9 a.m. Pacific Time.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: