Energy Savings Rebate program
The Energy Savings Rebate program makes energy-efficient products more accessible to people across Ontario. The program provides $200 million over two years to participating retailers, big and small, to help Ontario residents afford energy-efficient products.
Participating retailers will use the money to give Ontarians point-of-sale rebates on the following eligible products:
- ENERGY STAR certified washer
- ENERGY STAR certified dryer
- ENERGY STAR certified washer/dryer combo
- ENERGY STAR certified dishwasher
- ENERGY STAR certified tankless condensing water heater
- ENERGY STAR certified air purifier/room air cleaner
- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat
- ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini-split indoor unit (air-source heat pump)
- ENERGY STAR certified room air conditioner
- ENERGY STAR certified ceiling fan
- ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifier
- CEE Tier 3 certified refrigerator and/or refrigerator freezer
- Electric-vehicle home charger
- Induction stove top
Ontarians are eligible to save up to 25 percent per items (up to $500) except for tankless condensing water heaters and ductless mini-split indoor units (air-source heat pumps), for which rebates can be up to $1,000 per item. The rebate is available in stores and online.
Of the $200 million invested in this program, $150 million will flow through retailers with five or more locations, and $50 million will flow through retailers with one to four locations, making sure businesses of all sizes in as many communities as possible are able to help Ontarians save money and support their communities in becoming more energy efficient. Retailers are providing rebates to customers when they purchase eligible products. These retailers then seek reimbursement from the Government of Canada for the rebates provided to customers.
Funding is still available for smaller retailers—with one to four locations in Ontario. They have until March 31, 2020, to apply to be part of the program, on a first-come-first-serve basis. Details on how to apply can be found here: Energy Savings Rebate program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: