Energy Savings Rebate program
The Energy Savings Rebate program provides funding to eligible retailers to support point of sale rebates for energy efficiency products in Ontario. The new program will help Ontarians reduce energy use, save money, and address climate change.
Approximately $200 million is available for eligible retailers to provide rebates.
For Ontario customers, please see the list of eligible energy efficient product categories and participating retailers below. Please contact individual retailers for further information about rebates offered in-store.
The application period is now closed as funding has been exhausted.
For retailers with locations in one to four municipalities: Closed on September 17, 2019 as funding has been exhausted. Results will be communicated as applications are assessed.
For retailers with locations in five or more municipalities: Closed on July 24, 2019.
Thank you to all applicants.
Funding amount available for retailers
- approximately $200 million is available through the Energy Savings Rebate program
- the maximum level of funding available per eligible applicant is $2.5 million for retailers with locations in one to four municipalities and $25 million for retailers with locations in more than five municipalities
Benefits to customers
Successful applicants will be able to offer rebates to Ontarians for:
- up to 25% of the purchase price of eligible products
- no more than $500 per item, except for tankless condensing water heaters and ductless mini split indoor units (air source heat pumps), where rebates can be no more than $1,000 per item
To be eligible, you must be:
- a retail company
- incorporated in Canada
- have a brick and mortar presence in Ontario
- carry and intend to provide incentives for at least four of the eligible product categories
Note: the eligible product categories included in the application must be available for sale by the applicant as of the date of application
Eligible product categories
- ENERGY STAR certified washer
- ENERGY STAR certified dryer
- ENERGY STAR certified washer/dryer combo
- ENERGY STAR certified dishwasher
- ENERGY STAR certified tankless condensing water heater
- ENERGY STAR certified air purifier/room air cleaner
- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat
- ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini split indoor unit (air source heat pump)
- ENERGY STAR certified room air conditioners
- ENERGY STAR certified ceiling fans
- ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifiers
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 3 certified refrigerators and refrigerator-freezers
- Electric vehicle home chargers
- Induction stovetops
After signing the funding agreements, successful applicants with locations in five or more municipalities can provide rebates up until September 30, 2020. Successful applicants with locations in one to four municipalities can provide rebates up until March 31, 2021.
The application period has now closed.
Important: Submitting an application form does not guarantee that you will be selected or receive funding under the Energy Savings Rebate program.
Energy Savings Rebate branding
Please note that between September 11 and October 21, 2019 (inclusive), the Energy Savings Rebate branding and promotional material requirements have changed.
- For radio advertising, should you have any planned radio advertisements, please do not make reference to Government of Canada funding until after October 21, 2019
- For promotional advertising that is already completed, you may continue using these materials.
- For new promotional advertising (outside of the store premises), retailers must use only the following Canada wordmark to advertise the Energy Savings Rebate program.
Subject to signed funding agreements, the following retailers will be participating in the Energy Savings Rebate program, offering rebates to Ontarians. As more retailers are confirmed, this list will be updated. Please contact individual retailers for further information about rebates offered in-store.
- Appliance Love
- Appliance Studio
- Arva Appliance Centre
- Ashley HomeStore
- ATEL Air
- Barber and Haskill
- Best Buy Canada
- Bianco’s Supercenter
- Billa Appliances
- Bonanza Furniture Ltd.
- Boys Appliance
- Brampton TV & Appliances
- Caldwell BrandSource
- Canadian Appliance Source
- Canadian Tire
- Caplan’s Appliances
- Climate Experts Heating
- Costco Wholesale Canada
- Delhi Radio Limited
- Don Brown Appliances Ltd
- Dufresne Furniture & Appliances and Ashley HomeStore
- Edward Fuels Limited
- Elite Home Store
- Ernie’s TV
- FW Black Appliances
- Gabriele Brandsource Home Furnishings
- Goemans Appliances
- Gould Furniture & Appliance
- Green’s Brandsource Home Furnishings
- Groves Appliances And SleepMatters
- Jakes Home Centre
- Johan’s BrandSource
- Joice-Sweanor Appliances
- Jonas Appliances
- Krazy Krazy
- Lastman’s Bad Boy
- Lavertys Home Furnishings
- Leon’s Furniture
- Lortie Refrigeration Inc
- Lowe’s Canada
- Macdonald's Furniture & Appliances
- McMullan Appliance & Mattress
- Needles Home Appliance Centre
- Noll ClimateCare
- North End Appliance
- Oakville Appliance Centre
- Old McDonald’s Furniture & Appliances
- Ontario Appliance Outlet
- Ottawa Home Services
- Peter Martin Appliances
- Peterborough Appliances
- Phelans Place
- Roszell’s Furnishings
- Schuett Furniture & Appliances
- Shuh’s Appliance Centre
- Square Deal Neil's TV & Appliances and Sinclair TV & Appliances
- Stubbe’s BrandSource
- Stubbe's Furniture Inc
- TA Appliances & Barbecues
- Tasco Appliances
- Teletime Superstores
- The Brick
- The Home Depot Canada
- The Power Centre
- Tom and Al’s Furniture
- Top Choice Electronics
- Trousdale Home Hardware Building Center
- Universal Appliances
- Wardell's Factory Warehouse
- Waterloo Energy Products
- Willaert Appliance
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: