In the case of an engine referred to in subsection 14(2), evidence of conformity for the purposes of paragraph 153(1)(b) of the Act in respect of a company shall consist of:
- a copy of the EPA certificate covering the engine;
- a document demonstrating that the engine covered by the EPA certificate is sold concurrently in Canada and in the United States;
- a copy of the records submitted to the EPA in support of the application for the issuance of the EPA certificate in respect of the engine; and
- an emission control information label that is permanently affixed in the form and location set out in section 110, subpart B, of the CFR for the applicable model year of the engine.
In the case of an engine other than one referred to in subsection 14(2), evidence of conformity required under paragraph 153(1)(b) of the Act shall be obtained and produced by a company in a form and manner that is satisfactory to the Minister instead of that specified in section 16.
On written request by the Minister for the evidence of conformity referred to in paragraphs 16(a) to (c) or section 17, the company shall provide the Minister with the evidence of conformity in respect of any engine manufactured in the eight years preceding the request, in either official language and:
- within 40 days after the request is delivered to the company; or
- within 60 days after the request is delivered to the company, if the evidence of conformity must be translated from a language other than French or English.
- Date modified: