Waste/used crankcase oils priority substance list follow-up report: appendix b
Appendix B: Literature search strategy used to identify relevant data on used crankcase oils
A literature search was conducted (up to March 2000) of monitoring data in Canada (or elsewhere) and toxicological studies in animals and plants to identify critical new data for the assessment of environmental risk under paragraph 64(a) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999. To identify critical new exposure and toxicological data, a search was conducted by name in the following databases:
- Current Contents (1994-2000)
- Dialog (1990-2000)
- Environmental Abstracts (1994-2000)
A search of the following web sites was also conducted (up to December 2000):
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Canadian Petroleum Products Institute
- Environment Canada
- International Programme on Chemical Safety
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Searches were also conducted by the names of various authors who were known to have published papers on used oils (up to December 2000).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: