Compliance and enforcement policy for the Canadian Environmental Protection Act: chapter 2
The following general principles govern the application of the Act:
- Compliance with the Act and its regulations is mandatory.
- Enforcement officers throughout Canada will apply the Act in a manner that is fair, predictable and consistent. They will use rules, sanctions and processes securely founded in law.
- Enforcement officers will administer the Act with an emphasis on prevention of damage to the environment.
- Enforcement officers will examine every suspected violation of which they have knowledge, and will take action consistent with this Compliance and Enforcement Policy.
- Enforcement officers will encourage the reporting of suspected violations of the Act.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: