EcoAction: Applicant's Guide
The Applicant’s Guide is designed to help assist organizations apply to the EcoAction Community Funding Program. This page provides a summary of each of the chapters and sections of the Applicant's Guide.
Prior to submitting a project for funding, it is recommended that all applicants review the guide and EcoAction Homepage. ECCC Regional Office if you have further questions.
This section of the guide provides details on essential application information, this includes:
- Core requirements of the program
- Funding requirements
- Community support and involvement requirements
General applicant and application information
This section of the guide provides details on a number of organizational and project eligibility questions, this includes:
- Who may apply?
- What projects are eligible?
- What are the maximum and minimum eligible EcoAction contributions?
- What is the maximum length of a project?
- What project costs are eligible?
- What projects, activities and costs are ineligible?
How do you apply?
This section of the guide provides a step-by-step outline of how to submit an application to GCEMS:
- Preparing your online application package
- Submitting your completed application via GCEMS
What makes a strong application?
This section of the guide provides a number of useful tips & tricks to produce a strong application.
What will happen next?
This section of the guide details the three stages of the annual competitive Call for Proposals review process:
- Administrative review
- Technical review
- Regional review
Annex A -Application checklist
Before submitting an application, check your eligibility by using the following checklist:
- request a minimum of $25,000 up to a maximum of $100,000 in ECCC EcoAction funding;
- at least 50% of the total project value comes from sources other than the Government of Canada;
- project is 36 consecutive months or less in duration;
- project includes at least:
- one (1) environmental indicator; and,
- one (1) capacity building indicator.
- project includes:
- one (1) of ECCC's priority results as listed in the Call for Proposals;
- in GCEMS, complete and electronically sign the application form which includes:
- a detailed budget;
- work plan;
- communications and evaluation plan; and,
- measurable key performance indicators.
- no project activities are not listed in the “what projects, activities and costs cannot be funded” section.
Annex B –What to include & important application information
This section of the guide provides additional details on the entry for each GCEMS field is provided:
Tombstone & Project Summary
- Project Summary
- Project Title
- Start Date and End Date
- Project Location
- Project Goals and Objectives
- Project Description
- Project Team Experience
- Financial Capacity
- Project Managment Capacity
EcoAction Community Funding Program Requirements
- Environmental Issue
- Project Need
- EcoAction Environmental Priority
- ECCC Priority Groups
- Project Purpose
- Project Activity Work Plan
- Project Communications Plan
- Project Evaluation Plan
- Key Performance Indicators
- Other Performance Indicators
- Project Environmental Sustainability
- Secondary Project Contact
- Other Supporting Information
- Official Languages
Annex C –Additional Guidance on Ineligible Project Activities
This section of the guide provides guidance on ineligible project activities
Annex D –Completing the Budget Module in GCEMS
This section of the guide provides guidance on how to complete the budget module in GCEMS.
- Date modified: