Wood preservation facilities, chromated copper arsenate: chapter B references
- Hartford, W.H. 1973. Chemical and Physical Properties of Wood Preservation Systems. In: “Wood Deterioration and its Prevention by Preservative Treatments”, Vol. II,.D.H. Nicholas (ed.), Syracuse Wood Sciences Series. Syracuse (NY): Syracuse University Press. pp. 11-20.
- Stephens, R.W., G.E. Brudermann, P.I. Morris, M.S. Hollick and J.D. Chalmers. 1994. Value Assessment of the Canadian Pressure Treated Wood Industry. Report by Carroll-Hatch (Int.) Ltd. for the Canadian Forestry Service.
- Health Canada, Pest Management Regulatory Agency, Alternative Strategies and Regulatory Affairs Division. 2006. Label Guidance for Use of Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA), Re-evaluation Note REV2006-07, 2 June 2006, ISBN: 0-662-43462-5 (0-662-43463-3).
- Canadian Standards Association. CAN/CSA O80 SERIES-08. National Standard of Canada: Wood Preservation. Rexdale (ON).
- Cogan, K. 1996. Analysis of Simulated Stormwater Runoff from Packs of Hem-Fir and Southern Yellow Pine Fixed via Ambient Temperature Fixation Methods. Conley (GA): Hickson Corp.
- Dahlgren, S.E. and W.H. Hartford. 1972. Kinetics and Mechanism of Fixation of Cu-Cr-As Wood Preservatives. Holzforschung 26(2): 62-29; 26(3): 105-113; 26(4): 142-149.
- Health Canada. Bilingual labelling lexicon.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). 2008. Reregistration Eligbility Decision (RED) for Chromated Arsenicals (Case 0132), September 25, 2008.
- Gerencher, E. and D.E. Konasewich. 1986. Assessment of Arsenic (III) Presence in CCA Facility Yard Soils and Drainage Waters. Prepared for the Environmental Protection Service, Pacific and Yukon Region, West Vancouver, BC.
- International Joint Commission (IJC). Recommendations of the International Joint Commission (IJC) to the governments of Canada and the United States, Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement, 1978 (Review 2007).
- Health Canada. 2012. Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality - Summary Table.
- Canadian Council of Environment Ministers (CCME). Canadian Water Quality Guidelines for the Protection of Aquatic Life.
- Health Canada. Water Quality - Reports and Publications, Chemical/Physical Parameters, Arsenic - Chromium - Copper.
- Health Canada, Pest Management Regulatory Agency, Re-evaluation Decision RVD2011-06, Heavy Duty Wood Preservatives: Creosote, Pentachlorophenol, Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA) and Ammoniacal Copper Zinc Arsenate (ACZA), 22 June 2011, ISSN: 1925-1025.
- World Health Organization, International Program on Chemical Safety.
- International Labor Organization (ILO). International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC), Card database. Geneva (CH).
- United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare/United States Environmental Protection Agency. 1980. Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances. Washington (DC): U.S. Health, Education and Welfare.
- Wood Preservation Canada / Préservation du bois Canada. 2011. Personal communication between Henry Walthert, CAE Executive Director and Alain Gingras, Environment Canada.
- Henning, F.A. and D.E. Konasewich. 1984. Characterization and the Assessment of Wood Preservation Facilities in British Columbia. Environmental Protection Service, Pacific and Yukon Region.
- Todd, A.S. and C.Y. Timbie. 1983. Industrial Hygiene Surveys of Occupational Exposure to Wood Preservation Chemicals. Cincinnati (OH): U.S. Report of Health and Human Services, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- Flickinger, C.W. and A.W. Lawrence. 1982. Occupational Health Experience in the Wood Preserving Industry. AWPA Proc. 78: 11-30.
- American Conference of Governmental and Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH). 2011. Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices 2011. Cincinnati (OH):
- United States Testing Co. Inc. 1984. NBS Combustion Toxicity Test - Untreated Southern Pine Lumber and Wolman CCA-treated Southern Pine Lumber. For Koppers Co. Inc. Unpublished.
- Dreisbach, R.H. 1983. Handbook of Poisoning. Los Altos (CA): Lange Medical Publications.
- Williams, D.R. and J.F. Bridges. 1984. Characterization of Airborne Emissions and Waterborne Drainings Associated with Kiln Drying of CCA-treated Wood. Proc. AWPAAnnual Meeting, Dallas (TX).
- Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes. 2010. National Fire Code of Canada 2010. 9th edition. Ottawa (ON): Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes, National Research Council of Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: