Reducing and managing waste: contact information

Provinces and territories are responsible for the licensing and permitting of waste management operations including recycling centres, landfills and hazardous waste facilities. If you have questions regarding these operations, please contact your provincial or territorial Environment Ministry.  A list of provincial and territorial contacts is available for reference.

Municipalities generally offer municipal solid waste collection, recycling and disposal services for their citizens.  If you have questions regarding whether specific materials are recyclable or acceptable in the waste stream, please contact your local municipality or your provincial/territorial Recycling Council or Association.

It is important to manage hazardous waste properly.  To find out how or which services are available in your area, please contact your municipality.

Recycling in Canada

Do you have an item to recycle?  The following links may be helpful:
Province or territory Recycling council or association
Yukon Raven Recycling
North West Territories Department of Environment and Natural Resources
British Columbia Recycling Council of British Columbia
Alberta Recycling Council of Alberta
Saskatchewan Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council
Manitoba Green Manitoba
Ontario Stewardship Ontario
Recycling Council of Ontario
Quebec Recyc-Québec
Prince Edward Island The Island Waste Management Corporation
Nova Scotia Resource Recovery Fund Board
Reduce Your Waste
New Brunswick Recycle New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador Multi Materials Stewardship Board


The Waste Reduction and Management Division

The Waste Reduction and Management Division administers a number of waste-related regulations.

For questions or comments regarding the Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Materials Regulations, contact us at Notification (EC/EC) or DM / MD (EC)

For more information on the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) Regulations, please visit our website, or contact BPC / PCB (EC)

For more information on the Petroleum and Allied Petroleum Products Storage Tanks Regulations, please visit our website, or contact RegistreRéservoir / TankRegistry (EC)

For information on waste initiatives within the Government of Canada, please contact the PWGSC Office of Greening Government (OGGO).

If you have any other questions, please contact

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Privacy statement

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: