Help Species at Risk – Protect Nature Challenge
Human activity is placing wildlife in peril at a faster rate than ever before.
More than one million species are now facing extinction globally, including more than 600 at-risk species in Canada.
Want to help? Here are 10 things you can do to help species at risk:
- Learn about species at risk in Canada and visit places that protect these species, like parks, zoos and botanical gardens.
- Volunteer with organizations who help recover species at risk in your area.
- Install bird feeders.
- Grow native plants in your garden.
- Question residential area plans that could destroy the habitats of species at risk.
- Help reduce climate change by walking, biking and taking public transportation.
- Do not use unnecessary pesticides around the home.
- When travelling, remember that it is sometimes illegal to bring back, without a permit, souvenirs made from plants and animals.
- Consume less and buy from companies that are involved in protecting the environment.
- Respect laws and regulations regarding species at risk.
Let’s do this together
Share these challenges with your friends and family and show us what you are doing by tagging us in your social media messages and by using the hashtag #ProtectNature.
Check out our list of challenges to help protect nature.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: