Protect Nature Challenge
Want to do more to help protect nature? Great! Now’s the time.
It’s through everyday actions that we can all come together and make a real difference in protecting nature.
The Government of Canada is committed to protecting at least 25 percent of Canada’s lands and 25 percent of its oceans by 2025, but we can’t do it alone. We need you, Indigenous Peoples, provinces, territories, private businesses, not-for-profits and others to join in the effort.
31-day Protect Nature Challenge
Start today by following the 31-day Protect Nature Challenge. Choose a few actions that you can include in your daily life. Every action counts!
Soon, you’ll be feeling healthier, saving money, producing less waste and feeling good about the changes you’re making for nature!
Let’s do this together
Share these challenges with your friends and family and show us what you are doing by tagging us in your social media messages and by using the hashtag #ProtectNature.
We challenge you to
- Get outside
- Clean up nature
- Rethink your consumer habits
- Protect our trees
- Take time in nature every day
- Become a citizen scientist
- Build a pollinator garden
- Protect birds
- Get young people involved
- Donate ecologically sensitive land
- Improve air quality
- Save money and save nature
- Learn about the top five threats to nature
- Shrink your food waste
- Fight climate change
- Beat plastic pollution
- Learn from Indigenous Peoples how to conserve nature
- Become part of the circular economy
- Contribute, volunteer or choose a career to protect nature
- Avoid buying exotic and endangered wildlife
- Help species at risk
- Protect biodiversity from home
- Slow down for turtles and other wildlife
- Build homes for wildlife
- Find funding for your innovative ideas
- Share what you are doing
- Support protected and conserved areas
- Fall in love with nature
- Dispose of toxic chemicals, electronics and light bulbs properly
- Protect our wetlands
- Stop waste
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: