Species at Risk Act: Stewardship Action Plan
Stewardship Action Plan
Stewardship action plan
10.1 The Minister, after consultation with the Canadian Endangered Species Conservation Council, may establish a stewardship action plan that creates incentives and other measures to support voluntary stewardship actions taken by any government in Canada, organization or person. A copy of the stewardship action plan must be included in the public registry.
10.2 The stewardship action plan must include, but is not limited to, commitments to
- regularly examine incentives and programs that support actions taken by persons to protect species at risk;
- provide information and increase public awareness about species at risk;
- methods for sharing information about species at risk, including community and aboriginal traditional knowledge, that respect, preserve and maintain knowledge and promote their wider application with the approval of the holders of such knowledge, with other governments and persons;
- create awards and recognition programs;
- provide information respecting programs related to stewardship agreements, land conservation easements and other such agreements; and
- provide information relating to the technical and scientific support available to persons engaged in stewardship activities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: