Free weather data service
We provide raw weather, water, climate and environmental data via the Meteorological Service of Canada (MSC) Datamart.
Through this service, you will find data such as:
- numerical weather and environmental prediction forecasts (several forecast hours available according to the models) for North America or the world offered in GRIB2 and NetCDF format
- probability forecasts derived using a technique called “ensemble forecasting”
- observed and forecast vertical temperature profiles
- official forecasts with hourly values in different formats (XML, CSV)
- weather warning data and products in the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) format
- a variety of radar images, including precipitation accumulations
- hourly Canadian site observations in XML format
- varied national and international weather bulletins in text format
- air quality data
- wave model data
- trajectories data (hurricanes, storms)
- climate data
New data, information and formats are added as they become available.
If you want to know more about this service, including how to access our data server, please contact us.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: