Weather: general tools and resources
It doesn’t matter if you’re going on a canoe trip or just walking to the bus stop, the minute you step outside the weather matters. If that weather is severe, as with an ice storm or tornado, it can even pose risks when you’re indoors. That’s why Environment Canada works hard to make sure that no matter where you are, the latest weather conditions are at your fingertips.
You can find detailed information online at our weather.gc.ca website or get the weather your way by having updates downloaded automatically to your computer. You can also tune in to the latest updates on VHF Weatheradio, or use your regular or wireless telephone to receive automated weather information or speak to a meteorologist in person.
Specialized weather services are also available for emergency responders and members of the media, while advanced users can request access to more technical weather data through data access services. Whatever your needs, you can get your weather here.
Sources of weather data and information
- Get your weather
- Weatheroffice: online weather services
- How to use the public weather alert maps and tables
- Ways to access weather forecasts
- Weather tools
- Get your weather: telephone services
- Subscribe to twitter weather alerts
- Weather resources for the media
- Weather tools: specialized data
- Specialized meteorological products and services
- Alert Ready: emergency alerting system
- Weather and meteorology glossary
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: