The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) Canadian Financial Literacy Database ("Database") is a national online database of resources aimed at creating awareness about financial literacy for Canadians. The Database provides links to resources such as personal finance calculators or tools, financial education programs, videos, books, articles, workshops, worksheets, games, events, available funding programs, etc. (“Resources”).
Only Resource Information that FCAC determines in its sole discretion meet the following criteria will be published in the Database:
- the Resource contributes to the financial literacy of Canadians;
- the Resource is available in English or French or both;
- the Resource is available to the general public (for free or by paying a reasonable fee). This criterion does not apply to funding programs; and
- the Resource does not promote the sale of a particular product or service or favour a particular product or service over others. (i.e. solely commercial products will not be included)
Currently, FCAC will not accept the following:
- blogs, social media sites;
- columns in mainstream media outlets; or
- non-Canadian resources (resources adapted for a Canadian audience may be accepted)
FCAC is under no obligation to use the Resource Information you submit and FCAC has the right in its sole discretion to modify, add or remove the Resource Information for any reason at any time without notice. In addition, you agree that:
- you have all the necessary rights and permissions to submit the Resource Information;
- the Resource Information that you provide on the resource is accurate and up to date; and
- the Resource Information may be edited, translated, reproduced, displayed and transmitted by FCAC and made accessible and available to the public under the Database;
3. No compensation or endorsement
You will not be compensated for the use of the Resource Information in the Database and no endorsement, joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between yourself and FCAC as a result of your submission of Resource Information for the Database.
4. Official languages
FCAC will only make available the information you provide in the official language (English or French or both) that you have provided it. If you would like the information posted both in English and in French it is your responsibility to provide the information in both official languages.
5. Use of your personal information
To create an FCAC account, you will be required to provide [your name, organization’s name, address, phone number, organization description and a valid email address]. The personal information you provide us will be collected and used to contact you for the following specific purposes and will not otherwise be used or disclosed without your consent except as authorized by law:
- at your request because you have forgotten your password or you wish to deactivate your account or delete your submitted resource information;
- to notify you on an annual basis, at minimum, to update or validate the Resource Information you have submitted;
- about any other issues in relation to your use of the Database or with financial literacy related communications from FCAC.
At any time you may contact us to have your account deactivated and your submitted Resource Information deleted by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Database and its features may be modified at any time by FCAC for technical or other reasons without notice. FCAC may in its sole discretion discontinue temporarily or permanently any parts or all of the Database at any time.
FCAC does not guarantee that access to or use of the Database will be uninterrupted or error-free and will not be liable for any feature not being accessible or for any unavailability of the FCAC website. The Database is provided on an “as is” and “where is” basis and FCAC disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions of any kind with respect to the use of the Database.
8. No Liability
FCAC will not be responsible or liable for any damages whatsoever arising in connection with or out of the performance or unavailability of the Database or the FCAC website, including any posting of erroneous or incomplete information or any loss of data.
Use of third-party information is subject to the third-party information liability disclaimer.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: