Module 11: Financial planning
Many Canadians think that financial planning is only about investing for retirement. It is—but it's also so much more. Whether you're a young person planning how to finance your education, a college graduate with some money to spend who is planning to pay off your debt, or a senior planning how to leave your assets to the next generation, financial planning is how you think ahead to make sure you achieve your goals.
In this module, you will learn:
- how to define your personal financial goals
- the steps in creating a plan to achieve your goals
- when a financial professional can help you
- the role of estate planning in your financial plan.
Throughout the module, you will find learning tools that you can use now and in the future:
- videos to help you understand how to put together your financial plan
- worksheets and checklists to help you analyze your situation and organize the information you need for a financial plan
- a sample financial plan for a typical family
- a step-by-step template for creating your own personal financial plan
- an action plan of steps to help you monitor and manage your personal finances.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: